Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Solomon was imparted great wisdom from the Lord and was the author of several books of the Bible. (Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and the Song of Solomon)

Today is the inaugural post of this blog and I pray this blog will be a source of spiritual nourishment hence the name 'Manna'; for believers and non-believers who are searching for answers and most importantly are seeking salvation through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Without further a due... here is the scripture.

Proverbs 30:7 - 30:9 - "Two things I ask of you, O LORD; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.


The above word from God; what does it mean?


Its context is speaking in the 1st person (you the reader); It is a prayer for comfortability and contentment.  It asks our Lord to not make us 'rich nor poor' but to make us satisfied as if we become
rich (winning the lottery or something else) or poor (becoming jobless and/or homeless) these events can lead us astray from the divine presence and guidance God has over our lives.

Have you ever went out to eat at a buffet? Sometimes we get very greedy and over indulge in the consumption of the food till we become miserable (too full) and simply because we are overwhelmed and forget that if we eat a good portion of food and conclude our meal without over indulging we will be both satisfied and content. 

Have you ever had a job that was just a job and then you get another job with better pay? Traditionally, most people give his or her two weeks notice; they come to work but have already checked out.  They are only there physically but their mind is somewhere else. The old job (God) doesn't appeal to that person anymore and therefore... the proverbial 'I don't need you' syndrome is on proud display.

This prayer's purpose is to prevent from never needing God; because we get to full ourselves and therefore will dishonor him; which is sin and is frowned upon by God. We need God in our lives 100% x 24/7 x 365 x infinity. (you get the point)

So when you ask (pray to) God for something pray for the best; but pray sensibly and pray for contentment and to only be satisfied.

I pray that ye are blessed and have gained perspective and truth from this post. I will seek God for another topic and will be back soon to provide you ... my brothers' and sisters' in Christ  more 'Manna from Up Above!'



No comments:

Post a Comment